• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling double M105s, have questions

Lonesome715

I was not sure which section this topic belonged in. So if the deuce section is wrong Please feel free to move it.

I have a M105 and I am considering buying another one. I am thinking about pulling both of them at the same time with my deuce. Obviously that would require I install a hitch on the back of one of the lead trailer so I am wondering if any one has done that and can offer some advice. Also, what about wiring and brakes on the second trailer? Any ideas there? Also, from what I understand about the laws (at least in GA) I would be good to go. Even though it is not necessary, I have a class A commercial license with a doubles and triples endorsement. The only real issue I see with this plan is backing two short trailers should I get in a tight spot. Are there any other issues I should be aware of or should consider prior to taking this on?

RodUSMC1962

Cbvet and I pulled an ammo trailer and a pole trailer back from Minn. to Indiana with no problems. The ammo trailer had a pintle hitch, and nei:beer:ther trailer had any brakes on them and the duece stopped fine, but we didn`t crowd any stops. Both trailers had lites that worked. We were very carefull to be sure we never had to back up.

DieselBob

I wonder if you stayed at slower speed if it would tow good. I know that the M332 are setup to be pulled in multi unit style but they do have a much lower center of gravity.

I see RodUSMC1962 beat me to the info about the ammo trailer.

Last edited:

Lonesome715

The reason I want to do this if for hauling a load. The truck bed will be full as well as both trailers. Also, I am planning on interstate driving so I will have to travel at a higher rate of speed.

Gregor The Horrible

I just purchased a M105A2 trailer modified to a 2 5/16 ball and hitch so it tows fairly level behing my 2001 expedition. On the Day that i bought it and was towing it home about 100 miles, it would jerk back and forth. It seemed random, at first i thought it was just the bumps in the road. However the jerking seemd to go away at higher speeds 75 mph on the freeway and come back when i slowed down and sped up again. I know it is not the vehicle as after i got it home and unhooked the trailer thr vehicle ran just fine. Any ideas on what could cause this? Sorry i'm posting this as a reply, i couldn't find a link to post a new forum.

ODw/envy

I ask because they tend to act funny when you forget a hand brake.....or two.....I hear......they say......stop looking at me. :oops:

Last edited:

gunboy1656

I forget where I saw it but I read that when pulling multiple ammo trailers it was recommended to keep speeds down to around 20. Wish I was at home on my comp to look through the manual.

Think even if you try it at higher speeds your going to need to reinforce where you mount the hitch pretty good.

Gregor The Horrible

This trailer has been modified to a 2 5/16 hitch, new 12v light system, new brakes and new no flat tires dynatrac highway plus 9.00-20, i just bought it on saturday and i dont believe there are any hand brakes left on it? if there are how do i locate them. I am totaly new to military trailers, bought this primarily to haul road base and pit run onto our property for fill due to high ground water.