• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling out of Florida Saturday

ApopkaFL

Banned
Ok folks I am ready to make that move too KY, Pray that the Crew Cab and my convoy makes the trip uneventful.... 700 mile trip. leaving Saturday around 6:30pm was thinking the Deuce would thank me for working her out at night then during Heat of the day....

Rodman

panshark

Godspeed! Remember that you're going to be in an endurance race, don't try to set any speed records. Drink an Ale-8-one when you get to Kentucky! (I wish I had one of those right now...)

mktopside

Banned
Have a good trip Rodman! I'm headed to Myrtle beach for a week, so if you break down, give me a call....... I can offer advice, and moral support, but otherwise nothing useful.

;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a safe trip Sir. I sure wish I could leave FL for KY. Your truck will be fine with the ride. Don't expect any higb speed miracles on Jellico and it will be downhill from there. Great choice on location.

camp9

Ok folks I am ready to make that move too KY, Pray that the Crew Cab and my convoy makes the trip uneventful.... 700 mile trip. leaving Saturday around 6:30pm was thinking the Deuce would thank me for working her out at night then during Heat of the day....

Rodman
You got it on praying, let us know when you make it.

stevegr

We'll be praying for you Rodman. Good luck and God Speed, at about 55mph. My wife and I have family in Middlesboro and Cumberland, KY. Let me know if you need anything. Have a safe trip.

ApopkaFL

Banned
After carefully going over everything on the A3 this morning I noticed the FAN belt was not up too par. Scrambling to find one was not easy. I went to company called Car Quest they had one that worked. Full of oil radiator topped off. Fuel tank full I am about ready to go. I plan on leaving around 5:30pm .

Capt.Marion

Your departure time should serve you well. Throw in a couple of spare bulbs just for good measure, and I think you should make it just fine.

You've got the whole SE US members of SS here to help if you need a hand.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a safe trip Sir. I sure wish I could leave FL for KY. Your truck will be fine with the ride. Don't expect any higb speed miracles on Jellico and it will be downhill from there. Great choice on location.

Kenny, I figured the same thing with Jellico but he is turning off before he gets to it and taking 25 along the south side of the mountain range. I have never been that particular route but I have worked in his new hometown.

Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks