• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling out of Florida Saturday

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I figured the same thing with Jellico but he is turning off before he gets to it and taking 25 along the south side of the mountain range. I have never been that particular route but I have worked in his new hometown.

Good luck
Does 25 go around or is there a tunnel? Been a few decades you know! I hope one day to call KY my home!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It turns off of I75 just south of Jellico and follows the mountains on the south headed east. I know when I worked in Middlesboro they are just on the north side of the KY state line but I can't remember if it is a tunnel or not.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is sunday a little after 12:00 noon when rodman called me he was going through Atlanta. last night about midnight he blow a trailer tire and fixed it, back on the road around 4:30 this morning.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rodman broke down in TN.

Rodman is broke down in TN. on I 75 mile marker 45 , in need of a trailer tire 9.50 x 16.5 or a std. 8 lug 16". Is anybody near him? His cell# 407 860 1441

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dont worry, he has plenty of money. Hes so rich that he can afford an m35a3. money for a new tire is pocket change..
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was gonna post this breakdown on the M35A3 site, but I can't get an account there, I don't have an A3 vin number(I can't afford an A3).

I looked for the members map there too, must need an account for that too.

Just kidding :oops:

Any updates?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not familiar with the area at all but, looking at MapQuest, it looks like there is a rest area at about mile marker 45. Is that where he is now? If so, it looks like the next exit is at mm49, for Athens.

3dAngus

Ummmmm, not good. Trying to get a replacement tire mounted on Sunday evening might be a tough job. Maybe if you posted which trailer it was, it might help someone in the local area where they could pull one off.

Is it a M101A2 wheel?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just spoke with Rodman, and I have good news. He has arrived at his destination in Kentucky!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's on the wrong end of the state for me to help but it looks like he got the problem taken care of. [thumbzup]

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes he is. I'll merge the other thread here, now.

ApopkaFL

Banned
Update: I made it here at 9pm Sunday night. I am limited on Internet service. I will post a full update on the trip in a few days when I get better internet service.

Rodman

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's good news. The only reason I know about Middlesboro is I built one of their first Internet Service Providers. Don't know if they are still around though.

ApopkaFL

Banned
I think I got some wireless that will last long enough to post this. The trip started out little ruff. Some odd reason when I went to start the truck, the battery post was not tight on one battery and burnt part of the post off. Had to fix that. I sell tires as a lot of you know. I called one my vendors I was going to get some spares for the trailer he never came through with them.

The Deuce ran 62mph @ 2800 rpms, I got 8 miles gallon. The truck ran like a champ all the way up here, it never missed a beat. I felt like the Paparazzi was chasing me up I75, more cars and trucks I could count slowed beside me taking photos of the truck, every truck stop people took photos.

I had two flats on the trailer, 1 at 2am I had to go to walmart get a car tire I had some tires tools I peeled off the old one and put the new on. I used the Deuce to blow up the tire. Second tire blew 40 miles into Ten, I went up to next couple exits, Cant remember which one, A guy had two 8.50 16.5 one not one a rim one on a rim. I bought both for 175.00. Over all the trip was not that bad. I hope to make it down to GA rally....

Rodman

ApopkaFL

Banned
I am in Middlesboro KY , I also wanted to say While I was broke down with the last flat I see a K30 all decked out coming up the road I tried too wave him down he threw his hands up and kept going. I hope it was not someone from the forum..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks