• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling the engine m1008

USAWEAPON777

Hey guys, I'm just about ready to yank the 6.2 and had a question. Any tips or tricks on how to get the transmission unbolted from the engine? Also any other tidbits of info on pulling the engine out from people who've already done it would be appreciated.

Cucvnut

I have found the best way to unbolt the transmission from the engine is to go from the back of the motor under the truck. you will need to use some extensions but its not hard.

USAWEAPON777

Alright thanks for tip. Random question how am i supposed to pull the bolt out from the passengers side engine mount? It slides out but hits the starter before i can get it all the way out.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have good luck with a 3ft extension and a swivel. Come from the bottom to get to the top two bolts.

Remove the starter if needed.

irishvin

don't forget to jack the the transmission up some how because pull the engine its gonna be a bitch and half to angle the engine down to connect the torque converter. some long extension and the 2 top bolts on the bell housing you should be able to get from the top and well pull

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks