• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pulling trigger on hard doors

Hummer Guy

I wouldn't give half that for them. All the windows are gone and casings damaged. Damage to some of the mechanisms and missing parts. The fiberglass needs work. You'll probably have another $1000 into by the time you have them all fixed not to mention all kinds of time. You'd be better off paying $4000 for a good set of doors.
Agree, I sent him an offer for 1500, that's the most I'll pay

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But he is describing them honestly and he is usually pretty fair about offers, those do look pretty marginal as candidates for restoration though, a little rougher than I would want to deal with.
But somebody will buy them.
Patience an allot of searching is the answer..

Autonomy_Lost

I think they would be a decent buy at 2k. Budget $200 for glass from a local glass shop, another $100 for a replacement window frame, $50 for the 2 missing hinges, and $20 in bondo. Yes you'll need paint as well but generally you'll always need to paint doors to match your truck even if they are new.

springer1981

I think they would be a decent buy at 2k. Budget $200 for glass from a local glass shop, another $100 for a replacement window frame, $50 for the 2 missing hinges, and $20 in bondo. Yes you'll need paint as well but generally you'll always need to paint doors to match your truck even if they are new.
I'm not sure how closely you looked at them but one is missing the entire window. Another has a smashed in door lever. All need seals and glass. There are other missing parts and parts that need to be replaced. And I'm not sure what Bondo you are using but Bondo isn't for any structural repairs, only cosmetics. I think you are underestimating the cost and time to repair. Just my opinion.

Autonomy_Lost

I'm not sure how closely you looked at them but one is missing the entire window. Another has a smashed in door lever. All need seals and glass. There are other missing parts and parts that need to be replaced. And I'm not sure what Bondo you are using but Bondo isn't for any structural repairs, only cosmetics. I think you are underestimating the cost and time to repair. Just my opinion.
I'm speaking from experience. I just purchased a set of doors from the same ebay seller and already fixed them up. Theres a thread on it if you are interested. If you can hunt for deals, the replacement parts arent too bad.

springer1981

I'm speaking from experience. I just purchased a set of doors from the same ebay seller and already fixed them up. Theres a thread on it if you are interested. If you can hunt for deals, the replacement parts arent too bad.
I've read your thread on them including the part about using Bondo to fix structural cracks. I wish the best of luck with them.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Which repair thread are you talking about? Please link to it.

Autonomy_Lost

Which repair thread are you talking about? Please link to it.

NY88M998

Wow! I really appreciate all the enthusiasm for this thread....and excuse the posting in HMMWV and not MODS. I'll keep y'all posted what I come up with, but your comments are all great. In the end I take the old saying...ya get what ya pay for.. and it still holds true today. Perhaps I'll lean on the advice and resto tips along the way. After all, its called Steel Soldiers...not Aluminum Soldiers :ROFLMAO:(y)Great community, thx all!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks