• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pully Removal on a 5 CFM Compressor

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am replacing the standard military engine on a wheel barrow type compressor with a easy to start Honda motor, I need the pulley off the sme for the Honda. The pulley has a key way and it has a disk between the pulley and motor with two screws holding it to the back of the pulley? I have loosened the screws and used a puller to no avail even with a good soaking of Kroil! Any insite is appreciated

SAM_0209.jpgSAM_0208.jpgSAM_0205.jpgSAM_0207.jpg

goldneagle

Try prying the back plate away from the pulley. I think it used compression to hold the pulley on. I got mine off a couple of years ago, but don't remember how I did it. Was going to do the same engine replacement as you are doing.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The way you trying to get the hub off WILL NOT WORK, you will only break something, and mushroom the shaft end. RUST is NOT your friend.

That is a type of TAPER LOCK 2 part pulley hub, there should be a PUSHER hole on the collor (the thing in the back), small taper locks have one pusher hole, large may have as many as 3, find the threaded pusher hole, start a bolt that fits the hole, most times the take up bolts will fit the pusher hole. USE ANTI SEIZE ON THE PUSH BOLT and clean the hole. threads real good.

If anti-seize was not used on the install, you are in for a chore, load up the puller, install the push bolt, tighten as much as you can DO NOT BREAK THE PUSH BOLT, if it still will not come apart, drive a wedge between the taper lock collor and the hub part. AGAIN be careful and do BREAK the collor

If you are reuseing the taper bub, anti seize is your friend, DO NOT tighten, you can and WILL break the hub, use the called for toque.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Take a look on the front of the hub, some taper locks have the push hole/holes threaded into the hub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks