• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulsating Headlights.

alphaseventwo

The headlights on my M998 pulse dimmer/brighter/dimmer/brighter ect. when at engine idle, but are fine at higher rpms. I have installed a grounding kit already. Any ideas where to start to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

papakb

Does this happen only for a minute or two after starting or is it continuous? If it only happens fro a minute or so then it's a normal occurrence as the glow plugs cycle until the truck starts to warm up. If it goes on much longer than that it's usually an indication that the brushes in your alternator are worn. They're about $5 at most generator shops if you can find one that will take the time to look them up or you can go to Southern Automotives website and they can help you. You will need to tell them which alternator you have. The Leece-Neville 60 amp has a heatsink on the back that looks like a sunburst. The Prestolite 60 amp has a heatsink that looks like concentric rings. Any of the others you can get that info of of the data plate.

If the afterglow bothers you, look up the reasons to switch to the latest S3 glowplug controller box. RWH has posted a list somewhere on all the benefits/reasons to upgrade to it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

DCIV

If the afterglow bothers you, look up the reasons to switch to the latest S3 glowplug controller box. RWH has posted a list somewhere on all the benefits/reasons to upgrade to it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Just looked this up, wow 600 bucks! I mean if you needed one anyways then sure but that's expensive way to deal with pulsating headlights.

Wire Fox

I did and very good reasons. But dang, 600!!
If you watch and wait with extreme vigilance, a better deal comes across from time to time. I got my complete set, new in sealed packaging, for $350 delivered. It was a fellow SS member on here about a year ago that hooked me up. I highly doubt he still has any, some I'm going to spare sharing his user ID to save him from having a loaded inbox.

gcbennet

The S3 is definitely very nice to have. However, they do have their problems (other than cost). They're fragile and prone to failure by a variety of sources, the most common being unsuspecting owners blowing the circuits by not disconnecting the batteries prior to manipulating the cannon plugs. I'm personally on my third box. The first one just went for reasons unknown and left me stranded in a parking lot, and the second I assume was due to a bad battery that failed under load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks