• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulse Charge Monitor Distribution System Installation

Rusty nuts

So it looks like a lot of people are buying the Pulsetech charge/monitor units as I have and I am trying to decide where to mount it. Does anybody have some installation pics and where did you end up mounting it. I just got a plastic Battery Box to replace my rotted out metal one and I was thinking of mounting it right next to the batteries in the box or under dash or under passenger seat.....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The one I put in was in a 900 series. It fit well in the battery box in the cab. I can't picture a good place on the deuce. Your best bet would probably be in the cab under the pass seat. I know the box is sealed, but it would get pretty crusty if not in the cab and make it a pain if you had to get in there to do anything.

maahes

I test fit mine all over last weekend. There wasn't anywhere that would work that was in reach of the batteries without extending the 24v/12v source wires.
Behind the passenger seat interfered with the seat back, same as in the well for the slave plug.
Mounting vertical under the passenger seat would put a fair amount of stress on the cables due to the angle they would be bent.
Mounting under the dash would work but looked messy.
Mounting horizontal under the passenger seat seems to be the best "in cab" place to mount, but I am rethinking it as there could be an issue if I wanted to put in a radio or other comms under the seat. Plus its not the most convenient location and would require more holes in the body panels to mount.

I'm considering mounting to the frame rail under the bed as there is a good amount of room. Possibly even above the fuel tank.

Open to suggestions if anyone else has a better idea. I am planning on completing the install this weekend between rain storms. I will take pictures during the process.

ETA: Also could use some ideas on mounting the solar panel or creating a removable mount for it.

Last edited:

TechMOGogy

I read a post where the guy installed it on his roof with Well-nuts as they sealed the holes, insulated the connection, provided a bit of shock absorption and held it a bit off of the roof for air flow (so water did not sit under panel).

w_nut.gif

hunderliggur

It looks like over a hundred of these have probably been sold in the last few months, and no pictures? I'll be working on the Deuce tomorrow, did some trials this evening. Passenger seat area is out since I am switching to MRAP seats. Right now it looks like it is in the passenger toe kick area near the vent. Any better ideas? Maybe I'll mount it upside down so the wires go up into the dash (just thought of that one). Don't know if the 24V main will still reach.