• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulse Tech Distribution Box

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While at the tower park MVCC meet last week, I talked with a vendor and we had gotten on subject of the Pulse tech units...He told me that GL has recalled all the units won by bidders at the request of the manufacturer due to fire issues. Not sure if any other vendors or members can verify this....now, with that said, I can verify from a customers truck that came here, the solar panel that is part of the full kit, caused a 6TL battery to explode. The panal was sending like 36volts to the batteries....

papakb

Steve, I think the problem is with the solar panels not having a charge regulator attached to them could cause a battery to overcharge and explode. Charge regulators are available online for $10 or less. The basic PulseTech distribution box by itself is a handy unit for sourcing 12 and 24 volt lines. One thing that I did find out a couple years back is that contacting PulseTech for information is a worthless exercise. The techs I spoke to there had no idea how anything worked and proved useless.

Kurt

AZK9

... The basic PulseTech distribution box by itself is a handy unit for sourcing 12 and 24 volt lines. One thing that I did find out a couple years back is that contacting PulseTech for information is a worthless exercise. ...
Agreed! Not much help from the folks there, or... the website.

I've got one for my deuce, but have stayed away from using their solar panel.
It's a tight install (behind the seat) so I might change my location to up under
the glovebox where there's easier access to the breakers.

Overall... I like the unit! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks