• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchased a 1943 Ford GPW

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Insurance company photos. Still have some accessories to put on the jeep and some vehicle markings to put on jeep. Final photos will follow.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeep after markings were placed on it. Also, I installed the first aid kit and bracket correct for WW2 1943 and the under seat tire pump correct for WW2 1943. The jeep winter enclosure that I purchased
shipped today so I will be putting it on the jeep and will post pictures of that as well.

I only have the fire extinguisher to put on the jeep but I think the era correct one that I got is a little to long for under the dash on the drivers side. I may have to get another one!

Attachments

Jeff Lakaszcyck

You have really done a wonderful job with your jeep. It looks great. I think you will really enjoy the V6 and overdrive, especially when driving to long distance shows. With your faster speed and acceleration I would upgrade the brakes if it were mine. Gladiator and Wagoneer 11" drum brakes from the '60's are a bolt on conversion. In fact a kit used to be sold through Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers that had everything you needed including the backing plates & drums. I'm sure it is long out of stock though. It's amazing the difference these bigger brakes make over the stock 9" drums. Anyway, great job !

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have really done a wonderful job with your jeep. It looks great. I think you will really enjoy the V6 and overdrive, especially when driving to long distance shows. With your faster speed and acceleration I would upgrade the brakes if it were mine. Gladiator and Wagoneer 11" drum brakes from the '60's are a bolt on conversion. In fact a kit used to be sold through Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers that had everything you needed including the backing plates & drums. I'm sure it is long out of stock though. It's amazing the difference these bigger brakes make over the stock 9" drums. Anyway, great job !

Thank you for the information. Going around 60-62 mph and trying to stop quickly is a chore with stock brakes. Saving up for the 11" set up. Also, I got REAL lucky as I am picking up a late fourties Koenig jeep hard top in great shape with all the windows for free! (sadly no doors)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks