• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Purchased Air Raid Siren

amgeneral72

I saw it was bent when I was bidding. Not to worried just a little sheet metal work. But WOW that thing is a lot bigger than what I thought. Your right it would make an awesome dinner bell for chow time.

ke5eua

When I go out tomorrow morning I'll put a tape to it, kinda curious of how tall it is. Weight is defiantly over 200 lbs. When the weather clears up I want to look at the electrical part and see if the motor free spins. If it does I'll try to get a part number to get specs on whether it is 220 or 110, although looking at the size I'm guessing 220. We have a couple 220 outlets in the shop so might hook it up. Will get you a video if I do, and I'll be sure to do it at 4am. Best part is where the farm is we are in the "blast" area for the nuclear plant so we have sirens on the road. Talk about a wake up call, lol

ke5eua

NICE
I think I hear the law coming already.
It is supposedly in working condition so I hope you are easily able to make some noise.
You say that, and when I told the wife what I said she said the exact same thing. Our parish sheriff lives down the road to. I told her I'll just say it's a new alarm clock, chickens are getting to old, lol

No I won't do it at 4am, but it would be nice to see if it is working condition knowing how much you got it for that would be awesome. I have your copy in the van glove box, she dated it and embossed it, you just have to sign and print.

ke5eua

I'll have to see if we have 3 phase in the shop, I know we have 2 because of the air compressor and welders.

If we do I'll defiantly hook it up and wake the dead.

amgeneral72

3 phase is strictly for commercial / industrial purposes. Iv only ever seen one residential property that had 3 phase run to it and it was just for a huge shop he had on his property. Kinda disappointing. Now I have to find out if it can be rewired or how much it going to cost for a single to 3 phase converter.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The motor won't be able to be rewired. You'll need a rotary converter. Basically you'll need something like a 10hp 3 phase motor to run as an idler. Really a 15 or larger would be better. Rest is wiring and starter capacitors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks