• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PURCHASED HMMWV WITH NO MODEL YEAR ON DOCUMENTS - TEXAS

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have a m1097 with a serial number of 500813 and no year model date here in Texas. What are my options to get a title when there is no model date on my paperwork? I searched for this subject on SS before I asked. Thank you

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They kinda screwed you!
I would say take a screen shot of the first post of the serial number thread but it does not go to 500K
Hopefully someone will come up with something useful.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1097R1 were part of the recapitalization program, where they took standard versions and modified them to the heavy variant.
I'm going to guess with that serial number it was one of the earlier ones in the recap program and is a 3 speed truck. That would put it as pre 1994 for original build date.

No, there is no paperwork anywhere that I know of that will tell you what the original serial number is, or what year it was originally manufactured. The best that anyone can do is tell you is if it is a 3 speed truck it's from before 1994.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1097R1 were part of the recapitalization program, where they took standard versions and modified them to the heavy variant.
I'm going to guess with that serial number it was one of the earlier ones in the recap program and is a 3 speed truck. That would put it as pre 1994 for original build date.

No, there is no paperwork anywhere that I know of that will tell you what the original serial number is, or what year it was originally manufactured. The best that anyone can do is tell you is if it is a 3 speed truck it's from before 1994.
Yes, a three speed. The block casting number ending in 506 (12555506) leads me to believe it's a 1994, 1995, or 1996. But then my DMV won't care about that....lol

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, a three speed. The block casting number ending in 506 (12555506) leads me to believe it's a 1994, 1995, or 1996. But then my DMV won't care about that....lol
I believe that casting number has no bearing on what year it was built, I would go beck to GP and tell them they gave you paperwork that is worthless.
All the trucks that went through RECAP were given new year models, it is likely a 2005 or 2006, but that does not help.
I will be in town Wed and can stop by the tax office and ask, they are pretty knowledgeable and always willing to help.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
pretty much any truck that was in service for more than 10 years has a replacement engine in it.
Basically, at around 10 years, they get sent out for reset/rebuild. The company with the contract gets a set amount of money for every truck to put into it, and as most trucks don't really have much wrong, they end up getting rebuilt engines and transmissions tossed in whether they need it or not. (My M1123 went through reset with 26 original miles and got rebuilt everything in it)

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that casting number has no bearing on what year it was built, I would go beck to GP and tell them they gave you paperwork that is worthless.
All the trucks that went through RECAP were given new year models, it is likely a 2005 or 2006, but that does not help.
I will be in town Wed and can stop by the tax office and ask, they are pretty knowledgeable and always willing to help.
Are you in Texas?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My county is Medina county and they work with me on a lot of titles on humvees, but they can only do so much. I am 12 miles West of San Antonio (Mico).
Yep, know it well, my sister lives between Sabinal and Leakey, grew up on the north side of SA.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did they ever put the contract number (six digit serial number) anywhere on the frame? Seems crazy to just have it on a removable data plate.

Mark

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should have never issued you an Sf97 with no model year, they should have provided an SF97 application due to either missing model year, no mileage statement or both, it would than leave it to you to choose the model year on the application.
Call customer service and escalate this, I do not believe they can legally sell you a vehicle without a year.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to the ladies down at the tax office, they see no way to proceed without some documented year of manufacture, said unlikely you will even be able to get it inspected as one of the requirements of the inspection is establishing the year model.
She did however say she did not think you will need a VIN verification other than the state inspection, there is also a VIN verification given by a law enforcement officer trained in vehicle theft/fraud, what I had to get for the FAV because of the bonded title.
Hopefully going back to GP will help.

Vapor Trail

They sold me mine without a year or mileage. GP sent me a form to fill out and said getting the SF97 would be no problem. You have to guess which is not hard if you have a serial number. you can bracket where yours fit in based off of other ones for sale and also the threads on this forum.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys. It’s a freaking three speed. It is old. 🤦🏻‍♂️

We’re talking Uber old. Like late 1980’s

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks