• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

purple wire

southdave

CUCV Crapty crap, crapp. Dose anyone know what the Diaode or resistor is that it is concealed In a tape ball. along the purple wire that runs along my firewall. Mine is cracked in half, and my 1009 is having some issue's. I need to what it for and what to replace it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It goes to the Water in Fuel solenoid in Fuel Filter Assembly and the starter relay. It is Appendix E-1 of the -34 manual.

I'm not finding the part number just yet.

southdave

Warthog, I have your CDRV rubber just got to remember to give it to gimp. thanks alot Give a place to start mine to standard issue for mil. although it maybe for WV. lol This was inserted into the factoy connector and secured by a half a roll of duct tape LOL

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The diode in the purple wire is listed as a Rectifier in the -20p manual, Figure 54, Item #10

GM Part number 12006377

There was a discussion on it back in January. Look at post #87 and #98

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/43310-just-won-m1010-9.html

They found a replacement Diode at RadioShack 276-1144. I can't say if it is correct or not. YMMV

3-Amp Barrel Diodes - RadioShack.com

The same Diode is used in the dash wiring harness for the Gen2 Relay
Figure 33, Item #4

Right click on the picture and choose "Open Link in New Window"

Attachments

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

There is an other diode between the positive and negative connector rail on the dash. This diode is to cut down voltage peaks between gen1 and gen 2, in German called Löschdiode.
Hope this helps.
Wolf

ida34

If we are talking about the one between the terminal strips you can go without it if you are not using military radios.

ratstalker

On my blazer, I had the same question when tracing the wiring. This wire indeed terminates at the fuel filter. However, on my truck, there is NO corresponding wire that comes out of the fuel filter, and attaches in the fuel filter side of the connector. Therefore for my application, it seems to be an unnecessary item.

OK ONTOS66, what are proper Desert Storm era radios, and where can I get some?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks