• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Push Bumper

jimmy-90

Somebody on here PMed me and asked about the bumper and grill guard on my m1028 and I agreed to put up some pics and a small write up about it. Here are a few pics of it when I first brought it back to my house before I sanded and painted it as well as a couple of it on the truck. The bumper came off of a 1980s chevy tow truck and as you can see the width of the mounting brackets matches the frame width perfectly. I used 3/8" plate steel to attach it to the frame. About the grill guard, it can be removed from the bumper if desired. It is held on by a few bolts. Unfortunately this bumper has been worked pretty hard over the years and got bent up a little. Not sure if I can straighten it completely here at my house or not. any suggestions about straightening it or what kinda shop could possibly do that would be appreciated. Im gonna eventually put a body lift on the cab of my truck to accomodate a different engine and re adjust the bumper to match. At that point im gonna tie it into the frame in a bunch of places. Anyhow here are the pics.

Attachments

jimmy-90

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone and yep those are 34x10.50x16 super swamper LTBs at stock suspension height with no fender trimming. The added weight of the bumper doesn't make them rub either, even off road. I really like the LTBs. They fit the CUCVs perfectly and look like something the army would use....Tall n skinny. And about the bumper. Those things are getting harder to find these days even at junkyards. I got mine from a friends garadge. They were parting out an old tow truck and I got the bumper off them pertty CHEAP....HAHAHA watching someone in front of me in a smart car nervously double checking his rear view mirror over and over again........PRICELESS!!!!