• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Push button light switch

TxFireDeuce

I was just at the fed surplus property's yard and they had a 5-ton with push button light switches will they go into a m35a2 the switch was the same size/shape as the standard ones thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they are interchangeable.

No, you do not want them! They are known to cause fires and are failure prone.

Stick with the 3 lever switch.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I had one and thought it was the coolest thing until it almost burnt my truck to the ground.

I still like it over the 3-lever but to me it isn't worth the risk.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a mod one could do to the electronic light switch to make it less prone to starting fires?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a mod one could do to the electronic light switch to make it less prone to starting fires?
They reportedly solved the fire problem on the newer switches. I also think some members came up with a mod but the thread escapes me at the moment. A search for "push button switch" should turn something up.

After dealing with my fire I don't think I even want one of the newer ones. There is something about flames coming from under the dash while you're driving the truck that leaves a impression.

welldigger

They reportedly solved the fire problem on the newer switches. I also think some members came up with a mod but the thread escapes me at the moment. A search for "push button switch" should turn something up.

After dealing with my fire I don't think I even want one of the newer ones. There is something about flames coming from under the dash while you're driving the truck that leaves a impression.
I can't say I blame you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks