• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pushbutton M916 Drama

wehring

Hey Folks...

Had the pump on my M916 serviced. Ran 70 MPH home from Houston. It was nice to pass other folks in an MV.

If you read my posts you will remember that I had trouble with the pushbutton allison in my M923E3 and I fixed the drama with an $800 pushbutton module.

Here we go again... I got home and wanted to test the IP repair (torn aneroid diaphram) by pulling my tank around the shop. It pulled hard and did well so I decided to respool my winch cable. I put the truck in drive and spooled out the cable from the winch platform. The truck kicked into neutral twice. I completed the task and hooked up to my EET trailer. When I tried to pull away the pushbutton module went blank and the truck would not move. I cut the truck off and tried to restart it but nothing. The lights on the pushbutton module are not coming on and the start button does nothing.

My thoughts... I recently had new batteries installed. There may be a bad connection and the trans went into a low voltage safe mode.

I will put new batteries in it and repair a battery cable that is starting to bust and see what happens. I HOPE it is this simple. We will see...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
This is why I detest fly by wire gearshifts......no mechanical linkage means no movement under its own power if someting goes FUBAR.

I will not own anything that is fly by wire.......Murphy is always on alert when they are around.

sandcobra164

Justin, does it have the single digit display or the dual digit display? Which one do you have and do you suspect it is Tango Uniform? If so, let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I can find one.

davidkroberts

if you are having battery cable issues check the crimp. I had one that was brand new but made a crappy connection at the crimp and was screwing everything up

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Justin, does it have the single digit display or the dual digit display? Which one do you have and do you suspect it is Tango Uniform? If so, let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I can find one.
Not Wehring, but I have one too - Its the single digit display - WTEC III.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is why I detest fly by wire gearshifts......no mechanical linkage means no movement under its own power if someting goes FUBAR.

I will not own anything that is fly by wire.......Murphy is always on alert when they are around.

I think that dodge dakota you have is fly by wire....

I detest them as well. I would go the battery route first, it can be something simple. Much cheaper to check than get a module or tow it back to the transmission shop!

wehring

Truck

Thanks for the help folks. CB is correct... single digit. I ordered a length of 2/0 cable, ends and mil battery clamps from McMaster Carr. I return home on Tuesday and will be able to make the fix.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112