• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pushbutton upgrade for thumbless people.

vanaisa

Well, in our winters we get -25, rarely -35 and this is C, not F ;) I have pushbutton GP, never used afterglow, just let truck idle more on those cold mornings (block heater is big help too). Sure, original card would be nice but my wire loom is very neatly cut and isolated, i dont have card holder also.

So, IF i need some automatics, i am probably go for timer relay, as it is easier to do. I dont really need to keep truck fully original. But everything should be proffessionally and correctly.

MarcusOReallyus

A simple push button is a nice backup to a properly functioning system. If you are out and about and your GP controller decides it's lights out time, you can still start your truck. It's brain-dead easy to install.

But the standard system does a lot more than fire the GPs for X number of seconds. A timer cannot come close to duplicating it.

But it's also a lot more complicated to install than a simple push button. And what does that complication get you? Not very much. It doesn't offer enough functionality to be worth bothering with, in my book.

Now if you start messing with Arduino cards and various sensors, after months of effort, you might be successful in duplicating the standard GP controller, at a much higher cost and substantially more effort. Yeah, that makes sense.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks