• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pushrod hydraboost is leaking

mezc

Steering and breaks are working good, I used a quart steering fluid every week (500 miles) to refill it to give and idea of the dripping. I put ½ quart of lucas steering stop oil and the leak slow down pretty good but still dripping.

Of course is annoying having oil inside the compartment but I do not want to go for a whole hydroboost change ($100 bucks + ) now.

Seems the pushrod at the pedal has a C clip, can I take this out and replace a simple packing or an o-ring to stop the leak completely?

ida34

You can replace the bad seals and o-rings with a kit that you can use to rebuild the hydroboost but as for just sticking something in there to get it to stop I say know. Were talking brakes hear. If you are short on cash get the rebuild kit and do it yourself.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hydroboost = brakes
bad hydroboost = questionable brakes
questionable brakes = impending disaster

If you cant scrape together $100 for good hydroboost, you really need to not drive the truck until you can.

Last edited:

mezc

My original question is, if I take the C clip with the hydraboost in place, remove the push rod aside, is there a o-ring that I could easily change?