• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put some OD on the M109 today

TACTICAL6

Been reading many of your posts about what paint to use and how to apply it. Went to Home Despot and matched some CARC green to exterior latex flat. Used my wagner power painter. I was amazed at the speed you can paint with that thing. One gallon covered the top, one side and the back. A little scared at first, before the paint dried, it was real yellowish looking. After it dried, just like CARC green.

Attachments

KaiserM109

The '52 M37 in your avatar is painted in pre-'68 paint scheme and looks like 2 different ones I drove in '67 and '68; both were '50 models rebuilt in '66. I am planning to paint my '66 M109 in pre-'68 fashion. Just out of curiosity, why pick the CARC style? I really like the looks of your M37.

TACTICAL6

My M37 is a 52 and I painted with period color and markings. It was an Ohio Guard truck, So I picked a unit from that era. B company, 145th inf rgt, 37th division. Data plate on the engine has it rebuilt to .40 over in 62. My M109 was also an Ohio Guard truck, D company, 1-137th Aviation Rgt. I am going with the 3 color woodland, my boys want it that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks