• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put the M818 through it's paces yesterday (with video)

Rgdl

I finally had a chance to go play with my M818 yesterday. It was my first time testing it's off-road capabilities. I didn't do anything crazy but let's just say I'm very pleased with how it performed. It was a really fun day.

Here's some video that my passenger took......

Sept Long '11 @ Seddons - YouTube

Last edited:

Rgdl

Flyingvan911: that H1 is in beautiful shape, or it was until he swamped it towards the end of the video. It's surprising how much water seeped in through the door gaskets in such short time. He'll get it all cleaned up though.

midcounty: yes, 1600 Michelins

91W350: I was the big dog alright. It's hard to find anything bigger around these parts.

I can't say enough about how much I love this truck. It's surprisingly easy to drive and the engine runs really smooth.

Rgdl

Looking good!

What is the black trim around the front fenders?
They're fender extentions made out of metal to cover the tire tread and keep the police from having a reason to pull me over. Same reason for the rear bumper, mud flaps, and ID lights on the headache rack and rear bumper. Just trying to make the truck more DOT compliant, thus more enjoyable if I don't get harassed by the local authority. :mrgreen: