• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put the xzls on my m813a1

5tonman1971

It took me about 6 hours to do it alone and **** near threw my back out in the process. 550 pounds is no joke let me tell ya.

so what I had to do Becuase I did not want to change studs,
first I started in the rear so I could have the inner and outter lug nuts
then I removed the fronts.
the next step was to cut the centers out of some old junk stock rims I had
the reason for cutting the centers out was to make a spacer for the front tires. The front studs are not long enough for the HEMTT wheels.
after making the spacers I put them on the front hubs so you have an even mounting surface for the rear inner lug nuts.
now that the spacers are on I used the rear inner lug nuts to hold the spacer on and give me some more stud for the lug nuts.
then I installed the front tires and put the rear outter lug nuts on to hold the tire.
now I installed the rear tires using the front lug nuts in the rear. I did have to go buy 20 new lug nuts but at 1.50 a piece it wasent that bad.

Now ow I have a 5ton with curb appeal and will do a solid 80 mph down the highway getting 10 mpg !!!

they are the 16.00r20 sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

Last edited:

jw4x4

Looks good!! Just keep in mind that those tires are NOT rated for anywhere near 80 mph. Let's keep it safe out there.

5tonman1971

Looks good!! Just keep in mind that those tires are NOT rated for anywhere near 80 mph. Let's keep it safe out there.
Yeah, that's deffintly for sure. I don't keep it sustained at 80 it was just a test for about a mile. 80 mph in these trucks will make you pucker a bit.