• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put two multifuels into a warehouse and watch them multiply!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was idly watching a couple of videos when this one caught my eye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5J3eJGmfE
Watch 1:53 - 2:03 and I dare you to tell me you would not be all over this place with a pallet jack, a wrecker and ten Deuces to haul the loot away!!

As usual, not one shred of useful info in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen photos of those engine before and they've come and gone MANY years ago. The pics were on some urban spelunking website where the guy found them then returned 2 years later and the place was cleared out. :(

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd definitely want a few, but they look like cores waiting for rebuild...
I guarantee that's correct. I'll bet every one was worn out.

mcmullag

I met a guy at a car show here a few years ago who worked on the M35a3 program, ESP, in Indiana plant, early 90's?. Like someone stated on the other link, those engines were prolly the old take outs and the new Cats 3115 were then put in. I think the guy said they used on average 3 old deuces to make one M35a3, or maybe he said 3 deuces on average to make two M35a3. I had a deuce at the car show, that is why he talked to me about it.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to Gerhard's link it seems that this is indeed in the old Studebaker stamping plant in South Bend, IN. Used until 1999 by various companies and finally torn down in 2006. That makes it entirely possible that these could be engine/tranny combos from the A2 trucks that gave their life to become A3 trucks. I doubt that these engines were ever refurbished; their fate was probably a lot less glamorous than that.

rustystud

Thanks to Gerhard's link it seems that this is indeed in the old Studebaker stamping plant in South Bend, IN. Used until 1999 by various companies and finally torn down in 2006. That makes it entirely possible that these could be engine/tranny combos from the A2 trucks that gave their life to become A3 trucks. I doubt that these engines were ever refurbished; their fate was probably a lot less glamorous than that.
Sadly your probably right. :sad:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks