• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Put your shades on for this one!

Bad-Karma

This wrecker was purchased at an auction by a friend of mine.The original owner(towing company) made this thing look like a rolling circus.Hopefully all the wrecker owners out there can vote this one onto some kind of a pimp my ride program!

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope your frend gives it back it's dignity. It probally has to cry it's self to sleep at night. Sorry i had to.
Does it run good? Does everything work?

spicergear

Wasn't that on ebay or something a few months back? Naglich or someone like that had it for sale asking 20 or 30 grand? Tough to forget 'Santa's Wrecker.'

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Naglich? You say Naglich? Remember my motto.
"Whatever you do, Where ever you go!
Don't you buy from Foxhole Joe!"

Desert Rat

Seems more Mexicanized to me. I've seen them on the streets in Cali, Colombia in tamer outfits than that!

Jones

At least it hasn't been carved up. Some elbow grease and wrenching and it'll look great back in OD.
I always try to remember that some where, someone, is as proud as a peacock of that baby.

Hookin1

OKay i'll have to defend this guy on his paintjob,Tow trucks for yeas where usually red and white,it became a pattern for a while.Most wrecker owners like lots of lights and chrome.When you worked at night you wanted it to be seen from orbit.

Now on the other hand, the layout of the red and white was not set to any pattern,i think he could have chose a little better layout.I have seen one in Clarksville,TN. that is gloss black with alumminum wheels,chrome stack and lettered and pinstripped just like the companys road wreckers.But i'm not sure is that actuaully red.it seems to look more purple by the picture of the back aua

lacoda56

Jeeez, if it ain't green, everybody has a fit. I think it looks a hell of a lot better this way than hacked up and sitting in a scrapyard. Actually, I think it looks pretty good for an old war horse.

Elwenil

I don't think it's the fact that it's not military colors, but more the way it was painted. Like Hookin said, there's no real pattern, it's sort of painted like a house. Body one color and trim painted another. Sort of gives it a comical look that just sort of smacks of fuzzy dice and spinner hubcaps. If it had been all red and then some white stripes and lettering it would look more professional and less like a circus freak, I think.

rmgill

It's paint for pete's sake.

The owner could have butchered the truck more or even destroyed it. The truck is relatively original, has all the original kit, but has some new parts added to make it more useful and a high vis paint job to make it obvious. The tires are more optimal for road use and the lighting is enough to signal someone in orbit with.

Paint is more easily fixed than bad redneck engineering. That other 5 ton wrecker that was up for sale where the owners showed the truck lifted up with the boom and how the rear winch was 'slightly' broken was more of a crime than this truck is. The rear spades are perfect for a solid rear pull with the winch, the only problem is that they reduce the rear departure angle. Otherwise they're a useful piece of kit for such a truck. They look like they were added properly too.

Were it my truck, I'd do the following:

Strip off the red and amber lights and replace them with military models.
Replace the extra illumination with military grade wiring connectors and lights (The wiring is already done, thats the pain)
scuff the paint, repaint in OD green.
Add any tool boxes that are missing
replace the seat covers with the nice new military gore-tex covers
Add some more lights to the top bar and some military spot lamps.

Call it a day.

Katch1

nice to see you are knee deep in trucks Rick, I just got back from a 150 mi. round trip with the one I got from you last year, no probs yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks