• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting a Jeep in the bed!

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is an idea for someone with critical clearance problems. Same ramp as the OP, but add
a pair of small wheels at the end of each ramp. set up a small stand alone ramp under each
ramp. Load the vehicle on the ramps, then pull forward the length of the small ramps allowing
the two main ramps to rise up. Then drive the vehicle the rest of the way up and onto the bed.
Small aux ramps should be able to fold flat and put in the back of the truck..
Just an idea.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure about dimensions, but it's possible that you could mount those wheels
right in the pockets of the quadrail.

HanksDeuce

Outstanding job on the ramps and transporting your rig to the event without incident.

For those lazy people (i.e. work smarter not harder) you can find a loading dock or the nearest levee to back up to and load & offload your rig. I'm sure one of the dirt obstacles at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park could have been sufficient to back up and unload the Cherokee. But for those times you can't find a loading dock or dirt berm your ramps will do just fine. Oh and the crowd loves the ramps too. :D

JHS

thanks! love your website BTW. I spent ALLOT of time looking it over when I first got my deuce. You do clean work!

emr

In the past I have regularly put my M 38 in the bed of my first deuce the mule in my second and towbarred to shows parades etc, And put the convoy follow's on the first and yes convoy ahead hanging on the second lol... Vehicle cargo is the BEST !! keep up the good work :)) My ramps were specially made for me to my specs ... aluminum 12 ft 6 inchs if I remember correctly that fit the inside bed length , the top 12 inchs was bent over so when pulling out in the Jeep or Mule they wood be on the ramp and not pushing the ramp off in front of me. 16 inchs wide and rated for 1500 lbs each, for the Jeep I did put a 6by6 to shorten the length . And had a simple strap system to hold em tight to the truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think a duece with a M37 in the bed and a mule in the bed of the M37 would look pretty neat going down the road.
A Mule is bigger than it looks. It takes up every inch of an 8' longbed in a modern truck. I doubt you'd even get it in an M37 and if you did, it would hang beyond the tailgate.

img_5656_626.jpgimg_5645_705.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks