• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting a winch in the bed

red

Similar plan here. Mounting a 12k pound winch (overkill, what I have lying around) on the frame under the front of the bed. Will be routing the line through a roller fairlead at the front of the bed and using a sheave (pulley) at the end of the bed for

rmgill

Build the fairlead correctly and you could rig it to pull from the rear or back to the front. See how this pioneer is setup.

I built mine so I could load my trailer but it's also set up to add a sheave at the front end of the bed and winch stuff into the bed too...

It's a warn 9k winch

Cut out more later on to add the OEM trailer receptacle...

Matt

CIMG3058.jpgCIMG2815.jpgCIMG3130.jpg

Is that an "Oliver" or a "Cletrac" ?
It's a 1940 M2 AG Cletrac... Pretty neat little guy - he'll get a long term resto

CIMG3799.jpg

And as far as the radius' go - they were cut out with a plasma and then I used a flapper wheel to debur them. I usually just use something with the radius I like and then trace it with a silver sharpie so you can see it against the OD with the cutting shade on - the rest is just freehand with the plasma. The hole saw trick works well too but I only go there when I can't use the plasma or the torch...

Matt

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Nice Work

And as far as the radius' go - they were cut out with a plasma and then I used a flapper wheel to debur them. I usually just use something with the radius I like and then trace it with a silver sharpie so you can see it against the OD with the cutting shade on - the rest is just freehand with the plasma. The hole saw trick works well too but I only go there when I can't use the plasma or the torch...

Matt
cool-hand-luke-33564-16x9-large.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks