• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting cucv engine into a hmmwv ?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I bought a rebuilt cucv engine,I am going to put in my hmmwv.Does anybody know what all I have to change.I guess the intake manifold,exhaust manifolds,oil pan,cross over tube.Did I forget anything.What about the flywheel.thanks in advance.engine 002.jpgengine 001.jpg

dilvoy

Temp sensor from the humvee on the front side of the left head, cold start advance sensor from the rear side of the right head. Pull the vacuum pump and install the oil pump drive from the HMMWV engine. The oil pan can stay. It should not interfere with the HMMWV exhaust and there is lots of room everywhere else around it. When the Military went to the Turbo engines in the Humvees, they used a "normal" style of oil pan instead of that large sump type, so unless you are trying to keep it looking original, just keep the pan on the engine that is already there.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
m998 motor 001.jpgm998 motor 002.jpgI pulled the engine today,Now I have to switch parts.Does anybody know if I have to swap the flywheel ? They look the same..

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flywheel is the same, but they do crack, so I'd put a new one, or take a good look at it and look for hairline cracks.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
hmmwv 007.jpghmmwv 005.jpghmmwv 004.jpgGot the engine in a running,Glow plugs arent working ? Now I need to get her ready for some green paint.And install the new high back seats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks