• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

putting the M200A3 back together

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked this up from dm22630 last winter, had plans to put a genset on it, but I sold the genset by itself. Anyways, this is an M200A1, that has been singled out with 22.5" truck tires by the military, similar fashion as the newer M105A3 trailers have done with them. I haven't seen another M200 series genset trailer with this mod, so I called it an M200A3.

Started the process of putting the parts back together, ordering new glad hand hoses, new trailer connector, reflectors, etc. Haven't found anyone with M200 data plates, so I guess it will ride without them. The empty space previously taken up by the large genset, which is now missing, will be covered in rough-cut oak decking, to turn it into a flatbed. Might be cool for an ATV trailer for somebody behind their deuce, or a S-250 shelter carrier. It will be making the trip to Aberdeen in a couple weeks to try and find a home there.

Will post more pics as the parts and paint slowly find their way onto the trailer.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice unit......
I got this comment a lot, but always it is a woman saying it. :D Just kidding....

Anyways, yeah, I know they are out there, I have a M200 manual on this end that mentions the super singles. This is just the only one I have seen get surplussed out, all the other genset trailers I have seen come through GL are M200A1s with the dual rear wheels, with 9.00x20s. This trailer has 10R22.5s on it. The manual also says a spare tire supposed to be mounted on this, but doesn't show where.

I guess the military is keeping all the newer super single ones and getting rid of the A1s with the duals. That would explain why I've only seen this one in person, and also explain why so many small parts were missing from it (to keep other newer models rolling I guess).

brianrbull

I have 15 of these, (Not Mine but I have taken care of them for the last 6 years ) and I dont have any spare tires mounted on any of them. Not sure where you would as the generator is mounted controls towards the hitch, there is a metal plate on the front to stand on.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no metal plate on mine, might have been removed. Also, as far as the spare tire, it might be one of those things that the manual says is included, but in the real world isn't. Doesn't matter really, I don't have any spare wheels/tires to put on this anyways.

Thanks for the info, brianrbull.