• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Putting the M985 to work

paradeduty

Well, the needs were outweighing the rain after work today. Needed the trailer to move some parking lot light poles tomorrow afternoon and I have a Diesel Mechanic coming over tomorrow morning to help me (or me help him!) replace the fuel tank on the M985 HEMTT Cargo. So, my spare Detroit's finally had to be moved. Set 2 up on the bed of the Cargo and one had to go on the ground for now (crane would not raise enough to place last one on bed - no big deal - move it later). The fuel tank had a dent in it from (my) day one. If it was not on the corner I would have tried to fix the dent, so I found one with only a minor issue. All fixed up and ready for duty tomorrow. A few poor pictures (rain) for the curious. Dave.M985 Lifting Engines 001.jpgM985 Lifting Engines 003.jpgM985 Lifting Engines 002.jpgM985 Lifting Engines 004.jpg

paradeduty

Hey Derrick!

No - I was thinking about it but it would have added more time by the time I found it again and set it all up. Would have been cool, but there were big, dark clouds looming on the horizon - so I figured better to get done as quickly as possible. Absolutely needed the equipment trailer for tomorrow's work. Already had a crane scheduled to be on the job friday afternoon so I had better be ready. Would love to use my own crane, but the fuel costs would be more than the crane rental! Plus I don't think OSHA might be so understanding using an "old military crane truck" if anything happened - and, honestly, I don't think the HEMTT/PLS/LVS cranes get high enough for anything but the shortest light poles. How is the wrecker coming along?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks