• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Puyallup, WA gun show and mil vehicle show Oct 13

JH1

Heads up!
The Washington Arms Collectors gun show is Oct 13 and 14. We are inviting any era and condition military vehicles to be on display on Saturday the 13th. If you want to also be there on Sunday the 14th, that can be arranged. There are typically 15-20 vehicles there of all types. There will be some assistance with fuel costs, too.

This is always a really fun show and there are thousands (seriously, thousands) of attendees that love to see mil vehicles and chat. Sometimes people mention old military rigs sitting in a relative's barn (woo hoo!).

More info to follow. Just mark your calendars for Oct 13 at the Puyallup Fairgrounds. I am a member of the Washington Arms Collectors and the point of contact for the show. Show opens at 9am. Best to be in position by 8:30.
Jim

Additional info: The vehicles will be parked outside, between the BLUE entrance and the main entrance to the big Pavillion. Everyone attending the gun show will have to walk through or past the vehicle display, so be prepared for a heavy turnout. Show goes on, rain or shine. There will probably be parking available on the Fairgrounds for civilian cars towing the classic military vehicles. Any live firearms will have to be empty, no magazine installed, and the action will have to be tied off. This is not a law, it is a private policy of the private WAC organization that is renting the privately held Fairgrounds. It is a strict policy and any violations will be swiftly shown the door. Non-WAC members can purchase items except firearms unless you join up and agree to a WSP background check. The full listing of the Rules of the Road at the gun show can be read at http://washingtonarmscollectors.org/rulesofroad.shtml

We always have a ball at this show. I have met veterans who have arrived and saw the display, only to turn around and go get the kids/grandkids and bring them back to show so they could describe their bygone days in these vehicles. It's nice to be a part of that.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be in Puyallup on Friday. Don't think I will drive my truck up for the show though...:whistle:

JH1

Plans are coming along nicely. It would be a nice touch for people to try and have some sort of a sign with the vehicle stating what year it was made, what conflict, if any, it was involved in, the general mission of the vehicle (deuce: general cargo and troop carry, etc) and any other fun tidbits.
Jim

JH1

Additional info:
I've got 11 vehicles confirmed so far. Please pm me or just chime in here if you plan on displaying at the Oct 13 WAC show, so we can plan the display area.

Again, this display is being hosted by WAC, itself. We do have some money to help defray fuel costs, but I can't promise 100% coverage. It will just depend on how many show up, the mix of big and little vehicles, and their fuel costs. If we can cover all of the fuel costs, we will. Otherwise, it will be prorated to be as fair as possible. Any money paid out is at the discretion of WAC and is considered as a gift, not payment for showing up. All payments are final. If any of these terms are a problem, you can just show up and not ask for any help with fuel. Either way is fine. We have people coming from Friends of Willy and Joe, Steel Soldiers, Puget Sound Mil Vehicle Collectors, the G503 crowd, and WAC members. All are equally eligible for help with their fuel costs. Contact me if you have any questions. Enter by the western gate out back where all the vendors drive in.

See ya' all there, Saturday Oct 13, 2012!
Jim

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heads up!
Any live firearms will have to be empty, no magazine installed, and the action will have to be tied off. This is not a law, it is a private policy of the private WAC organization that is renting the privately held Fairgrounds.
You had my interest up until that point.

JH1

VERY cool, Kurt! Yes indeedy! I have lusted over both of those, myself. Can we get up inside the trailer in case it does something that hasn't happened in like 80 days (rain)? :roll:
Does that have the NHC250 Cummins in it? See you there on Saturday. Thanks for checking in.
Jim

REDROCKET

Wah-Hoo! Glad you'll be there Kurt! Sorry you have to have back surgery at all but put it off as long as you can! There are FUN THINGS to take care of 1st! :jumpin:

And don't say the "R" word. Keep thinking DRY THOUGHTS for that area over Puyallup.

kurtkds

VERY cool, Kurt! Yes indeedy! I have lusted over both of those, myself. Can we get up inside the trailer in case it does something that hasn't happened in like 80 days (rain)? :roll:
Does that have the NHC250 Cummins in it? See you there on Saturday. Thanks for checking in.
Jim

Yes we can go inside and if nessary, I'll fire up the generator and turn on the heat!;-)

Yes it does have the Cummins in it.

JH1

You da MAN! Let's hope we can pop open the sun roof on that thing. Looks big enough for Redrocket to burn donuts inside there on her Ural.
Jim

macsog2000

Wac

I just drove my M931A2 up from Nellis with an M447C all in desert camo. Would like to try to make it to the show on Saturday. Will be there if possible, and yes, I will open it up for shelter if/when it rains!! You all just have your own lawn chairs. My phone 360-630-3684, ken

JH1

Yee haw!:jumpin:
We'll have a whole bunch of indoor space, if you can make it on Saturday. We could put you two van guys on each end of the show so there will be dry space near everyone. Does the crank-out feature work? I'd like to see that.
See you there. Thanks for chiming in.

Jim

kurtkds

Yee haw!:jumpin:
We'll have a whole bunch of indoor space, if you can make it on Saturday. We could put you two van guys on each end of the show so there will be dry space near everyone. Does the crank-out feature work? I'd like to see that.
See you there. Thanks for chiming in.

Jim
The sides on the 447c are bifold, so the upper section is the roof and the lower is the floor. Then you have different options for walls, none, soft side or hard side.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless it is pouring rain tomorrow morning, I will be there, Jim. We'll see what it looks like at 5:00 AM tomorrow.

See you there, I hope.

Storm 51