• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Puyallup, WA gun show and mil vehicle show Oct 13

JH1

We got loaded up tonight, in the rain, in the dark. Again. We will be there, come **** or high water. Hope you can make it. My feedback is telling me there will be some cool stuff, there.

Jim

Amer-team

Good job with the pics Kurt. I forgot the camera yesterday. That was the most M 37's that I had seen together for a long time. They were some beauties.

REDROCKET

Yes!! Thanks for the pictures Kurt! I had my camera but didn't take any pictures. aua

What a great event Saturday was ... even with the rain! I was the last rig standing and answered questions all the way out of the fair grounds. I got home, hung up all my gear to dry and repacked it for the next event. I love stuff like this and I think the public really appreciates it, too.

JH1

A big THANK YOU! to all who braved the weather. The Washington Arms Collectors really appreciates all your effort. I heard lots of really nice comments about how neat the display was. We hope you will put us on your calendar for next year.

On a side note, I heard stories all day, but one kinda stuck with me. One gentleman regaled his time at Ft. Knox, as the last group that trained on the Sherman tank. It was the E8... Easy-8..., and most of what they were doing was testing out new-fangled ideas for the new tanks coming out. He said there were a lot of new recruits training to be tankers and many of them were dirt poor, and had never been in, let alone driven, a car. So their first experience with any vehicle at all besides maybe a farm tractor, was a Sherman tank. They drove with tiller sticks and a 5 speed manual transmission that needed double-clutching. It would have been very helpful to have a third arm, about then. Ear muffs were a necessity, too. Not from the usual tank noises, but from the grinding noises from the transmission!

Thanks again to everyone for coming out on Saturday.
Jim
WAC member