• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pyro temp reading too high

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I recently turbo'ed my truck. I rolled the timing back during the swap and installed a pyrometer. Since being able to monitor the EGT if I get under a load or floor it the temp reading on the pyrometer will go up past 1200. I have to throttle way back to keep it below 1150 when climbing a hill which slows me way down. Do I need to try and turn the fuel back on the pump?
I wished I'd have installed the pyrometer before the swap so I knew where the temp was prior to the upgrade.
I also put in a new airfilter, thinking it might be restricted. No change.

jwaller

turn it down unless you can do it with your foot. mine is close but if I keep it to the floor it will pass 1200.

also your temps will change some between unloaded and loaded.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
The pyro is in just like the instructions you sent me Bjorn. I think the gauge is reading accurate. The truck would run 65 before the turbo addition so, I think the fuel was turned up. How far should I back it down? A 1/4 turn, half turn or just barely move it?
Thanks.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Well, two complete turns (backing off) on the fuel metering nut and I'm borderline just over 1200 degrees. I guess the NA engines have the fuel turned up substantially higher than the turboed ones. I think I'm going to throw another 1/4 turn for good measure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks