• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pyro/thermocoupler questions

MikesDeuce

Fellow SS,

i have a quick question about pyro/thermocoupler arrangements...

ive currently obtained a borrowed southwire multimeter and thermocoupler from work... I want to get a baseline of my egt’s...

Where and how do I mount it? This will be temporary just to get measurements....until I get a pyro.

thank you for your help in advance as today/tonight is the only day I can work on it because weekend at inlaws!!!

Im otw home now and can’t wait to begin work!!!

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't help with your exact question, not sure there's a prexisting locale for such an animal to be used on the deuce, and I know that you want to "get 'er done" with what you've got on hand, but I will say from experience that it is so easy to just poke a hole in the exhaust manifold, tap it, screw in a pyro, and have it done (IIRC, I had the truck running throughtout the boring/tapping operation so the chips would just get blown back out the hole by exhaust pressure). On the advice of others here, I went with a Hewitt Industries pyro;
https://hewittindustries.com/gauges/
Check out Cranetruck's manifold placement of his boost/pyro gauge probes in post #9 here;
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?164910-Re-Pyro-placement-on-the-Deuce-exhaust-manifold!
I drilled the hole for mine in the same place Cranetruck's rear probe is placed (I only installed one)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks