• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pyrometer question

barnetc1

Ok installed pyrometer on deuce like everybody said. My question is what does the temp run on a normal deuce. I cant get above 500 degree pulling a hill, is this normal????????? Upped fuel some to get that hot. Also i installed a direct flow air intake instead of stock so i am assuming the extra air is keeping temp down.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hit right at 1,000 deg pre-turbo on the factory fuel setting. To really see max EGT you need to pull a hill where it will bog down the engine a fair amount. If you've got a boost gauge also you can watch the boost and when the boost pressure starts going down is when the EGT will start climbing toward max. The best way to find out the max EGT is to load the truck pretty good and hit a steep hill where you'll have to downshift atleast one gear.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
what is a 'direct flow air intake'? and no, i doubt you are getting any extra air. only 500°, something is wrong, i would guess the reading since it is easy to make more heat than that.

tom

seve7

i've always mounted mine in the manifold to take readings, i had a turbo rx7 that used to jump almost to 1700 under 15psi in 3rd gear or higher, i took the turbo apart and the turbine wheel was a little melty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks