• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pyrometer sender unit

sidel2426

I got this setup as well as their boost gauge setup... The pyro was a walk in the park, I was replacing my turbo and having the exhaust manifold mating surfaces machined at the time so installing pre turbo was a snap. if I remember for basic setup, only 3 wires and you are good to go. The boost setup however... that is a whole other can of worms... took about an hour to get the gauge setup to properly read and display boost levels, the two side by side look pretty cool though. I opted for the green readout, just wanted something a little different, insanely bright at night. I would have posted pictures for you, however I am having site difficulties in uploading pictures at the moment.
Rattlecan, I'm thinking about getting the setup you installed. Can you tell me how well the green display is during the day? Some colors are better during the day and some better at night. I emailed the company and they suggested amber citing that BMW and Audi use it. I was originally leaning towards the blue. Also did you go with the 78" cable or did you go with the extra length cable?

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed this Auberins setup with the Blue display several months ago. The standard cable length was more than sufficient, and I bundled the excess length into several loops to avoid kinks. I goes together much easier than you think, the only hard part was being patient with a square file while making an opening in the dash for the rectangular gauge. I really like the Blue display color, very visible in bright sun and not intrusive at night (unlike my turn signal flasher). Adjusting the intensity is pretty easy also. Overall I'm very happy with the Auberins setup.

treysoucie

Alot of good points here but I agree that adding the pyro sending unit before the turbo is best. That's how I did it in my truck and that's how I do it on my 600rwhp 7.3 it is a BIG no no in the performance diesel community to install your pyro SU post turbo. It just makes sense to know the temp of the gases as soon as you can (closest to the ignition point) the further you get away from it the more inaccurate you become.