• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Q on trailer hitch

csramsey640

I recently pulled a Shelton hitch from a similar year k20. I read a few threads, and knew that it wasnt gonna be a direct bolt in. My problem is, it isnt even close. I basically cant get anything to line up. Are the 1 ton frames different than a 3/4 ton? I know the rear cross member is moved a bit, but I cant even get 2 bolts to line up. Any thoughts?

csramsey640

never thought of that. My stepfather bought an 85 k20 for the plow and I yanked the hitch. Im running into an issue with the angle mounts behind the rear spring hangers.

Westech

CPL
well the spring hangers for a 1/2 ton and 1 ton are different I think. one has 52" springs and the other 56"? maybe that is the problem. the Hitch came off a heavy 3/4 ton (ie 1 ton rear springs)

kennyw

I bought a M1008 parts truck with a universal reese hitch on it and put it on my '84 K20 without much trouble. I did use 1" thick spacers at each of the 6 mounting points to keep it from interfering with the shackles and spare tire crossmember though.

I don't remember if I had to drill any of the holes though. I've worked on so many trucks over the years they have all blurred together at this point.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks