• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

quad 50 ammo can mount

hughscpa

I am going over to the park this afternoon to look at the quads again to see if I can figure out how to get the wheels off so it can be put on the truck. These are some great pictures and have really helped. I'll let you guys know on Tuesday hopefully if the guns are mine for the truck!!

FtSill69

We studied and learned to adjust the T & E mechanism on a trailer mounted quad 50 in
Armament School at APG in 1967. It had a small gas engine powering adjustable sheaves
and v-belts, the sheaves on either side of a differential being controlled manually by the
T&E control. If you adjusted the belts perfectly so that the guns didn't creep, and went
to dinner, they would be creeping by the time you got back. When I heard they were being mounted in 5T trucks, I have often wondered if a better system was being used.
Does anyone remember?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks