• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quad Cab updates--UPDATED 11-13-05

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like keeping the bed in proportion like you're doing. If I were to shorten the bed I would have stretched the frame a foot less than you did and bob a foot off the back then take 2 ft out of the bed. This keeps the axle placement correct under the bed and reduces rear overhang too. Syill end up with a 10ft bed. Matter of factly, a cool bed to put on there would be the one off of an M34 or M135 which has the raised fenders.

hot rod deuce

yeah the raised fenders would be slick i did contemplate the fact but decided that by the time you get the slot large enough for the 1600's with spread axles its basicly one big fender cut out

hot rod deuce

ok just when i decided that would be a better idea i remembered that there is only 11 1/2 inches from the back of the tire to the rear of the box, now if it had smaller tires....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks