• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quarry impressed with cucv

FLINT

Hey guys, just thought I would share a quick story. I've been putting in a very large french drain around my house, and filled most of the trench with gravel (57 size). In total I put in about 45 tons of gravel - and of that at least 12 tons I hauled in my m1028 from the Quarry.

When I got the first load, I drove up to the pile and the guy slowly dumped gravel from his bucket, and kept dumping and dumping, and watching the truck and dumping, until the bucket was empty, then just stared with a big grin on his face and said, "where did you get that truck"?? I just put almost 2 tons in and it isn't sagging at all !!!!. On the scale, that load weighed 1.83 tons.

Next 3 trips weighed in at 1.8, 1.81, and then 2.01 tons respectively.

I drove each load 15 miles to my house and the truck seemed to not mind it one bit - and the braking didn't seem any different than with no load - although I was definitely very careful to start breaking early and all that, but really, it always slowed right down - and never got the scary feeling of being 'pushed' by the load.

anyways, I love my cucv,and its more that proved its usefulness.

oh yeah, so for the future, if I ever get gravel again, I'd probably tell them to keep it under 2 tons if possible - just to be safe

so, what's the most you've ever hauled in a 1008/1028????

tamecrow

so, what's the most you've ever hauled in a 1008/1028????

I haul 2 ton of coal in my M1008 regularly with no problems. My last load was 2.5 ton. I Could have used helper springs like you have on the M1028 for that load, but it handled it ok. Best truck I ever owned!

FLINT

oh wow 2.5 tons! ok, I feel better about my 2 tons.

yeah, with the 2 tons I think the helper springs were actually starting to contact some of the rests.

k30 fan

That's cool! I love these trucks! We have 2 1028's at the farm, and a 1028 at my full time job (local township)! They sure are workhorses.8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks