• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about 105 hitch height

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son picked up my m105 at redstone with his Cherokee and brought it to New Orleans. My receiver riser is only a 5 hole. Trailer tows fine nose down. I have towed 2 others with a durango with no issue.

Merry Christmas,

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 12 inch riser from Northern Tools (other places have them also) and use it to pick up an M105 from Poppop. With the pintle in the topmost position, the trailer rode level behind a Dodge 2500. YMMV.

Lonesome715

That is what I have been talking about, they seem to work fine behind other vehicles. I am going to have to try and get photographs, because mine is not hooking up that easily.

Lonesome715

I see the problem now. Thank you for posting that photograph. I could nto get the landing gear to go that high up. it went about half way and stopped. That has been the problem all this time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were you pulling out on the locking mechanism handle while you were trying to swing it up?

Your landing gear may be bent. If it is, you can remove it with one cresent wrench, at the swivel point.

You did read the TM, right?

Lonesome715

Thanks. I will look at it again when I go out there again.

I di dnto read the TM becuase every time I try ti open them my computer lockas up.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rather than open the TMs from this site, right click on them and SAVE them to your own computer.

Then, you should be able to open them easily(and fast).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks