• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question about a mid-gate or bulkhead for hmmwv..

Pablo66

since deer season is in full swing a thought came to me... when completed, my hmmwv will among other things serve as a hunting vehicle... the thought of loading dead and bloody carcasses in the back isn't a problem, I just don't want blood etc going into the passenger compartment. I will be using a 4 man soft top, (and I also have the cargo cover, but most likely will not be using it while hunting)

I was thinking of building a mid-gate type of divider that would keep stuff from getting into the passenger compartment, since the back panel of the soft top won't keep fluids out. I envision this installing right behind the rear seats, and for height I'm thinking anywhere from a couple of inches tall to all the way up to the top of the fenders...

I've never seen something like this on a hmmwv, but it seems like they would be useful. was something like this ever made as a stock item for hmmwv/hummer? if so, does anyone know where I could get one? (I really hate reinventing the wheel, and my fab skills aren't the greatest...)

Thanks again for all of your help!

Paul

Unionjackjim

You would only need a stop about 1" high , just to stop the gravy running into the passenger area , but would you not fillet the beast while it's still fresh , before loading it ?

Pablo66

Actually, yes I will, I'll probably have more of an issue with rain coming in - I live in southern oregon....when I've been driving it around this summer without a top everything in the bed winds up in the cab... This gets really old when you are hauling hay.
On a positive note, I have the coolest farm truck in the state!!

Thanks,
Paul

The problem with the issued bulkhead is the sealing part you need, I would assume using the bulk head with some rubber seal. The cleaning would become a problem. **** if your using to hunt, strap it on the hood:deadhorse: here is a picture of mine

here is a pcture of a factory installed, really nice.

The bulkhead I would think is a good idea because its removable by slinding into place

Last edited: