• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about boneyards overseas?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate getting into political debates as they usually lead nowhere, but isn't it ironic how misguided resentment works?

If some foreign army invaded Florida, killed your family in the process while claiming they're in there to liberate you, would be thrilled?

Just today Obama killed a family of 12 innocent people in Afghanistan. And Bush did his share of killing in Iraq. Clinton starved a million Iraqi babies by imposing sanctions on Iraq in the 90s, Reagan used the CIA to slaughter thousands of innocents in Central and South America, and Nixon and Johnson commanded the slaughter of thousands in Vietnam. And you wonder why America has such a bad reputation overseas? Because our number 1 export is weapons and death.

It's amazing how people forget their own history so quickly, what with the war of independence against the oppressive British and all.

Now you're going to respond with something totally irrelevant to this information, probably along the lines of 9/11 and WMDs thus justifying and absolving our country's leadership of all its sins.

Look in the mirror once in a while. Humility and introspection don't hurt.
Glad you got it all figured out. Guess me and my shipmates can stand down since there seems to be no real threat.

:cookoo:

HAWKMAN

Back to the topic at hand.....my observations on the sale of scrap via the GL experiance here in the US is it does have to be Demil before leaving the base OR a GL rep will accompany you and the demil item to it's final destination...ie..scrapyard to witness it's final,total. destruction......this process doesn't leave much to work with for resto. This is just my experiance with Demil/scrap in my area.As far as overseas I'm not sure GL has many reps over there but if the vehical is in US inventory, wrecked or not it is still US property and the military can do..or not do..whatever they want with it, I think any boneyards with currant MV in it are for the US military's use only. I may have gotten off topic here if I did...sorry....

Last edited:

Ryanhooker

Back to the topic at hand.....my observations on the sale of scrap via the GL experiance here in the US is it does have to be Demil before leaving the base OR a GL rep will accompany you and the demil item to it's final destination...ie..scrapyard to witness it's final,total. destruction......this process doesn't leave much to work with for resto. This is just my experiance with Demil/scrap in my area.As far as overseas I'm not sure GL has many reps over there but if the vehical is in US inventory, wrecked or not it is still US property and the military can do..or not do..whatever they want with it, I think any boneyards with currant MV in it are for the US military's use only. I may have gotten off topic here if I did...sorry....
No your not off topic. haha a few here are way off, but its ok. I mainly want to see the steel soilders that fight over seas have a better life the becomeing a beer can. Or become a poster for others to lookat as a symbol of a victory. The few people that love these trucks for the reason of makeing them a place so they will live on. There are a few private collectors here, an they will not let you even take a look at there collection for fear you might put a finger print on it. and your looks m

saddamsnightmare

February 16th, 2010.

Ryanhooker:

Good luck on the hunt for the HMMWV components, but I want to see what happens when you try to reimport one into the US, as I am pretty certain Customs will want to look your paperwork over very closely.

Aximony:

The rant was unnecessary, and possibly tasteless, but as a person who knew folks who died in 9-11-2001 in service to the country and as innocent civillians, I for one would be pleased to pay a certain gentleman off in his own coin, no problem whatsoever. I would not trust anyone who holds that the enemy is blameless but we are always to blame. I hope all equipment abandoned in the middle east by our forces is so damaged it can become nothing but scrap metal. We do not need to help those who maintain they must stay in the past, but resent the future in whatever form it comes in.

I am not making a political statement, but one purely as a military historian. I will back our servicepeople wherever they are and whatever they are doing to protect us, [thumbzup]and I only wish Uncle would take me, but I am too old for his taste.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Jones

S's Nightmare is right. I bet anything that looks even remotely like an MV part, especially a U.S. MV part, will put up so many red flags in the air that it'll look like a soviet military parade.
First you'll get to explain where you got the part, then who you got it from, then where he got it, then why you got it.
When they start in on you again after lunch; you'll get to tell them what you intend to do with the part if you get it home, where you got any and all parts in the past, where you think you're going to be getting any parts in the future.
Oh and did we mention paperwork? If a single form is incorrectly filled out or is missing-- you get to bypass the customary waiting period and go straight to the cavity search.

I hate getting into political debates as they usually lead nowhere, but isn't it ironic how misguided resentment works?

If some foreign army invaded Florida, killed your family in the process while claiming they're in there to liberate you, would be thrilled?

Just today Obama killed a family of 12 innocent people in Afghanistan. And Bush did his share of killing in Iraq. Clinton starved a million Iraqi babies by imposing sanctions on Iraq in the 90s, Reagan used the CIA to slaughter thousands of innocents in Central and South America, and Nixon and Johnson commanded the slaughter of thousands in Vietnam. And you wonder why America has such a bad reputation overseas? Because our number 1 export is weapons and death.

It's amazing how people forget their own history so quickly, what with the war of independence against the oppressive British and all.

Now you're going to respond with something totally irrelevant to this information, probably along the lines of 9/11 and WMDs thus justifying and absolving our country's leadership of all its sins.

Any person that lives in Florida knows that happened years ago...

Ryanhooker

Any person that lives in Florida knows that happened years ago...
Hey, dont get him mad. He is intitled to his thoughts. Weather they are right or not, its his. I wont put my 2cents in on it. On a note to the Humvee parts. I have found a good source of some parts. An one who needs any thing let me know, I am maken a run to get some in the next few weeks. found doors tops a b c pillers tires and some wheels. brush guards

Yarb

It seems like you love it, you sure aren't shy about spewing some hard core bs.

Your statement about invading Florida is an oversimplification, does not apply, and is ridicuous. The ones who will hold "victory over America" parades are the Taliban/Al Queda/insurgents. They aren't "victims" of atrocious US military deeds. In fact, they victimize their own people by blowing up innocent civilians all the time just to kill one US soldier. Is that our fault? Are we killing these civilians? Many of the residents of these countries don't want to live under the iron thumb of Sharia law, dictators, etc and want us their and appreciate the schools, roads, electricity, jobs, and training for the military, that if done correctly, will contribute to long term stability that we bring.

As far as your diatribe against past Presidents, get a clue. Look at the flip side of each circumstance you bitterly quote and appreciate the consequences of inaction.

No one has forgotten the revolutionary war. Prior to 9/11, were their US forces in Iraq and Afg attempting to run the government without representation for the residents? No, way to draw a completely off base comparison.

You could benefit from your own advice. Funny how those that dispense advice or offer it up unprompted are often the ones that don't follow it.

Oh, and by the way, America is a pretty great place.

I prefer not to break forum rules, but this kind of cr** should not go unchecked even if it ruffles a feather here or there.

Last edited:

KsM715

I prefer not to break forum rules, but this kind of cr** should not go unchecked even if it ruffles a feather here or there.
:ditto:
Its my opinion that aximony's post falls under this rule and should be deleted.

Conduct: SteelSoldiers.Com is designed to be a family-friendly and clean website. The forum discussions can be lively and informative without degrading into vulgarity. As a registered SteelSoldiers.Com member, it is your responsibility to make sure that you DO NOT:
• Post or link to material that is considered sexually explicit, profane, hateful, lewd, threatening, abusive, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate for a family viewing of the website.
• Post Copyrighted material without permission.
• Post material that is intended to bait others to a conflict.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks