• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about brake cylinders.

RParker

I was hoping to just change the shoes and be done, but that would have been to easy. The cylinders are pitted and in need of serious attention. The cylinder that I pulled is larger (1 3/8" dia.)than the spares that I've had for years.
My question is this, what do I have? A Canadian replacement, something from a civilian truck an upgrade not listed in the manual?

USMC 00-08

I can't give you an answer but maybe I can help narrow down what you are trying to figure out. I just rebuilt the front axle wheel cylinders on my M135. The truck was rebuilt at the Tooele arsenal in 1959. All four wheel cylinders had a bore diameter of 1 1/2". Haven't gotten around to the back ones yet.

Some guys on here have said they have wheel cylinders with a 1 1/4" bore diameter and some others with the 1 3/8". I believe it is the Canadians who used the 1 3/8". Sorry I can't give you a definite answer.

SturmTyger380

Just make sure to not mix the piston rods that go from the piston to the brake shoes. They are not all the same from piston size to piston size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks