• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about buying a m35a2 from GL

OhioCummins

I just have a question, but was looking at some M35a2 deuces on GL. Was just wandering what the process is on buying one. Does it take a long time, & is it hard to get a title on one. Just wandering if im better off to buy one that allready has a title for $4500. Thanks for any help[thumbzup]

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll cut you some slack since you are so close.

If you want the hassle try GL, the trucks are not "cheap" as supply and demand has taken care of that. I know where there is one sitting for $5500wo/w that came straight off the GL lot.

If you can find one that you like with a title and you think it's worth it then buy it.

Oh, and learn how to use search on this site. I'm not cutting you that much slack.

:)

ranchhopper

Buy one from the classifieds here most guys here are honest hard working guys and will treat you right to GL your just a number and you will be treated that way. Find one for sale in the classifieds then check out the members posts and threads he has started and read them its a good way to get an idea of his character then make your decision on that basis instead of the crap shoot you get on GL.

cjcottrill

Welcome from Southern Ohio. The only thing you need to do to buy anything from GL is register and have the high bid. The EUC process is a lot faster now than it was, I had to wait 68 days to clear to pick up my truck. It took another 3 weeks to get the title, which was a Florida title instead of an SF-97. About an hour at the DMV and I was on my way. Subsequent purchases have taken about two weeks to clear. Keep in mind, they take the money form your account/card the next day, make sure you have it covered when you bid. My bank calls when they see a hit big request before they pay. GL is not fond of delays. Happy bidding---but if you want another route, search a sale site, Ohio has a lot of running truck for 2500-3500. You can always pay more if you want. Just shop for the best deal, not the lowest price.

KsM715

It sounds like guys here are just trying to steer you to the trucks for sale in the classifieds here. Believe me its not that. Do a search for "Government Liquidation customer service" There you'll have a few days worth of reading about the hoops GL makes you jump through to buy from them. If you want a truck to play with now that is a known runner and with a known clear title buy from a private seller. If you have time, you can try to save a few dollars by going with GL.

pappa smerf

Question about buying a M35a2 from GL

I guess I just got lucky? So far i've bought 7 vehicles from an M1009 to M818 plus 6-7 trailers. The first time it took a little longer but after that there were never any holdups. The title is good and not a problem with NJMV. The EUC process is hardest because you have no way to follow up. Otherwise, GL personnel have always been helpful. Have dealt with PA, OH, NY, SC and MD GL. Good Luck and happy bidding!

Troll1216

What exactly is the process after the winning bid?
Do they spell it out for you?
I know I need to fill out an EUC and send it to them, I know payment is takne next day, but other than that I know nothing of the process, I just won my first auction today.

Any info would be helpful.
I will continue my search of threads.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What exactly is the process after the winning bid?
Do they spell it out for you?
I know I need to fill out an EUC and send it to them, I know payment is takne next day, but other than that I know nothing of the process, I just won my first auction today.

Any info would be helpful.
I will continue my search of threads.
Send EUC wait and wait , EUC clears you get Paid In FUll invioce e-mailed to you out of the blue , From this time you have 10 working days to recover it . You have to make a apointment ( scheduled at their convience ) Some bases require it to be towed off ( even if it runs and has breaks , rare). Then after you have recovered it you can apply for the SF-97 Form ( extra $ 60 on top of purchess price and 10 % buyers premimum + tax ) , now wait for this paperwork to take to your DMV pay state to title and whatever other fees they have then plates.

mcmullag

I would do both

The deuce I have now, I bought from GL. I won the auction in early July 2010, they didnt let me come get it till end of Sept that year, and I had been cleared for EUC on a M105 trailer the year before. Seems the possible hold up at that time was the maybe radioactive gauges. I put 8 new tires on it, two new batteries, changed all fluids and filters, repainted it, etc. I bought my first deuce from a private owner and that worked out well. If I were you, for your first one, I would lean towards going with one from a private owner that has already dealt with a lot of the truck's issues if it had any. Just my two cents since you are asking. I would still by from GL in the future too.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Ohio!!! You can read for days and days, great information on Steel Soldiers and many members you would be proud to know.

My favorite post of the whole site that I think puts things in perspective is the following:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/general-gl-questions/38344-so-you-want-buy-cheap-truck-gl.html

Like with any purchase, educate yourself by spending time researching and looking and learning.

Be careful on GL cause there are alot of OOPS I just won!!! I am a victim

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just glad to see another Ohio member! Whatever you end up with, (OhioCummins), or however you end up with it, you are in good company. There are several members in your general area that will be able to assist with "the process" (of getting a truck).

To avoid the "flack" of the forums, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to speak to you "off-line" and maybe help you formulate a decision. My e-mail is available through this site as well.

I'm sure a few other "locals" would offer the same.

Welcome! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just have a question, but was looking at some M35a2 deuces on GL. Was just wandering what the process is on buying one. Does it take a long time, & is it hard to get a title on one. Just wandering if im better off to buy one that allready has a title for $4500. Thanks for any help[thumbzup]
A couple links to other threads on buying and titling a truck in Ohio. I have bought from both GL and private owners without problems. Key is to do your homework!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/69871-did-i-get-raw-deal.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forum-tips-tricks/76190-registering-deuce-ohio.html

pappa smerf

Question about buying a M35a2 from GL

Congrats! You already received the answer on what happens after the bid. You will be notified when your EUC is received and when it clears. Yes, you have 10 days to remove the item, but I have found that when making the appt. GL personnel sometimes have to give longer time because of their schedules. The title process is the SF97 and title is an Arizona title. The tax you pay to MV is dependent upon your state and whether any tax was paid as part of the bidding process.

Have fun!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! The title process is the SF97 and title is an Arizona title. The tax you pay to MV is dependent upon your state and whether any tax was paid as part of the bidding process.

Have fun!
It's not always a Arizona title , it varies when I bought my deuce it came with a Florida SF-97 not a title . Some people have also got Florida titles. It depends on what your state will accept and what's cheaper for GL .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks