• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about front springs

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, that would make a 10-leaf/ 3-3/4"-stack, then.
On the other hand we have the "standard" 12-leaf/ 4-3/8"-packs, which leaves .365" for each leaf... which still leaves me wondering... about the when and why, two different versions?

G.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I just measured mine (I couldn't stand not knowing), and sure enough, its a 10 leaf pack/3-3/4"-stack. Make & year is kaiser. The dash tag says Mfg. 1966, but the registration says 1965.

Not many donor trucks around, this neck of the woods either. I do have a donor 211 - I will measure them tomorrow. At the same time, the truck is level, and rides and drives well, but I have loaded the truck, numerous times, and have the impression the springs are not all that strong. In fact, as it sets empty tonight, the front springs are flat (W/winch), with no positive arch to them. Do the 12 leaf packs have an arch

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks