• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about lighting on M101A2

67_C-30

I did a search, but couldn't find exactly what I needed. I am going to recover the M101A2 that I won on GL recently, and I was wondering if the plug for the lights is compatible with a M1009. I'm assuming they are, but I wanted to know for sure. I am planning on taking some extra bulbs and some wire and connectors in case something is damaged.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The possibility exists that the bulbs are 24V and your Oh-9 is 12V. Another possibility is that the composite lights on the trailer won't come apart due to siezed screws. Just something to plan for. I've had to break the ears off of the lenses before to open them up. 24V bulbs will work on 12V but will be very dim. Good luck on your recovery, the 101A1 is a quite useful trailer.

Last edited:

Milbikes

When I recovered my M101A2 trailer, I found it with the wheels stuck solid. Hooked up to my truck, it would just slide on the tires. I could get them to roll (stiffly) in reverse. Fortunately I had a car trailer with me and towed it home on that.

The lights had 24V bulbs in them. I got 12V replacements at NAPA and now it lights up nicely.

67_C-30

Thanks for the help everyone!

When I recovered my M101A2 trailer, I found it with the wheels stuck solid. Hooked up to my truck, it would just slide on the tires. I could get them to roll (stiffly) in reverse. Fortunately I had a car trailer with me and towed it home on that.

The lights had 24V bulbs in them. I got 12V replacements at NAPA and now it lights up nicely.

Why were your brakes locked, and what did you have to fix it?

papakb

Guys, Running 10-30 volt LED lamps is the best way to go. That way there's never an issue about which bulbs are in the taillamp housings and you'll be able to draw the trailer with either a military or a civvy vehicle. Make life easy on yourself!

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks