• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about M1010 box heater

chevymike

Hi everyone,

Since I am seriously considering a M1010 and the heater for the box is a major plus, I am curious how it works? I read it's a diesel heater. To run this, do you have to have the main engine running or will this run stand alone via batteries? For those who have the working heater/A/C, how well does it heat and cool?

Thanks and I am sure I will have more questions as I read more and more.

Mike

lavarok

It does use the diesel from the fuel tank. Runs without engine running, has a separate fuel pump to supply fuel. It heats great. No cooling from the heater unit. Separate AC is on the front of the box above the cab. The heater is located in the rear passenger corner under the bench. Control panel inside and access panel to service unit from the outside.

The AC does require the truck to be running as the compressor is belt driven off the engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks