• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about M923A2s

Krink545

How many does the Military have of this type?
The reason I ask is 2 just sold in Ft Bliss. One went for 16.5K and the other for 14.5K.
Are they that rare? One at the same location sold 2 weeks ago for 5600. We ended up buying 2 M923s. Just waiting on paper work to clear. My first MV recovery should be fun.

Thanks

sandcobra164

A2's are plentiful enough but there are many more NHC 250 powered 900's. A2's are desirable as they are usually newer, have an updated motor that parts are very plentiful for, albeit expensive. The extra 100+ lb ft of torque and the ability to upgrade to much more for cheap are nice. The 6CTA is a much better cold starter in my opinion, quieter and smoother although I do like the roughness of the 250, get one of each. They also have CTIS which sometimes works. Any A1 or A2 should have the 14.00's super singles already, power steering is standard on all 900's as are full air brakes. I've seen 800's pass 900's in price but I believe it is due to the braking system being air over hydraulic and all but the wreckers are under 26,000 pounds, allowing you to drive an 800 series on a Class C license. For the 900's, you need at minimum an air brake endorsement.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw those two go for outrageous high when the prior acution they went for a reasonable price. I went and looked at them and they both were real nice trucks. If you need help with your recovery I bought one too and live close by.

Krink545

Thanks for the offer. Ill Pm you so we can swap contact info.
Do you know if they'll let you drive off base with the truck?
I've read that some places make you tow them off.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Very common and they are getting the boot out the door due to the ever increasing numbers of MTV's to take their place. Original plan was to replace them between 2014-2017 but that is being moved forward due to the availability of MTVs and the news story that showed the military was way overstocked on trucks. They have to cut their fleet to help reduce overall expenses.

If you want a cheap one, wait a year or two--just like with the deuces.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks