• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about Picking up my trailers

jon1996

I have read that when I go to get my 2 trailers that I need to have ID's for all people with me, Registration and insurance for my truck, but in KY we do not have license plates on trailers, will there be any prob not having any trailer documents when I go to fort Campbell? I am still waiting for Battle creek to release my EUC but I like to be prepared
Jon

mckeeranger

I have read that when I go to get my 2 trailers that I need to have ID's for all people with me, Registration and insurance for my truck, but in KY we do not have license plates on trailers, will there be any prob not having any trailer documents when I go to fort Campbell? I am still waiting for Battle creek to release my EUC but I like to be prepared
Jon
If you mean documentation on the trailer you will be pulling to load the MV trailers on, you might.

KY does have registration on trailers, it has just not been enforced in the past. They are starting to do so, in small baby steps.

You might call the security office at Campbell and ask, just to be sure. You would hate to drive 350 miles, just to get denied at the gate.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've pulled a unregistered trailer on Ft. Campbell many times. All they care about are the truck tags.

On a side note, you're alot better going through gate 7 pulling a trailer. Gate 7 is the commercial vehicle entrance. There's alot more room there to park your trailer. Last time I went there pulling a trailer I used gate 4 (the main gate and alot closer to the GL lot). Parking for the office to get your pass is very small and usually very crowded. I ended up having to park in the grass and when I came back out post security was really mad because I wasn't in a parking space.

Hay Man

If you mean documentation on the trailer you will be pulling to load the MV trailers on, you might.

KY does have registration on trailers, it has just not been enforced in the past. They are starting to do so, in small baby steps.

You might call the security office at Campbell and ask, just to be sure. You would hate to drive 350 miles, just to get denied at the gate.
mckeeranger's right. As far as I know, all Kentucky trailers must be registered unless they're being towed by a farm-tagged vehicle for an agricultural purpose. He's also right that you're unlikely to get hassled about it but I agree you should call and check with Ft. Campbell first.

BUT, those military trailers will draw attention (ask me about meeting Officer Friendly in Alabama between Redstone Arsenal and Chattanooga), perhaps from an enthusiastic motor vehicle enforcement officer. Still, if in your shoes, I would carry copies of all my paperwork (GL and otherwise) and hope for the best. Worst case scenerio, I doubt the ticket would be much and many county attorneys and district court judges are willing to work with you as long as you don't act like a jerk.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks