• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question about rear gladhand fitting

sp00n

I need to replace my emergency (pass side) gladhand as the boot is ripped and leaking air slowly. Its old crusty metal and I have a feeling it may not survive being removed. Is the inlet diameter and threading the same as a civ tractor-trailer gladhand or do I need to source another M35 specific gladhand?

Westech

CPL
Its the same.. and it should not be leaking.. there MUST be a shut off valve before the glad hand. If you must remove the glad hand.. pre soak the fittings in PB blaster or your choice of pee for a couple days. That will help insure the line makes it out alive.

sp00n

it leaks when something his hooked up to it and the valve is open. I fabbed an air hose to use air tools with while away from the shop and it saps a lot of PSI from the tool with it leaking.

thanks for the information, easy fixes are nice.

shepsjeep

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it helps, I bought the neoprene gaskets from a peterbuilt dealer and they work much better than the black rubber ones.

Just a thought...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks