• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about rebuilding or repairing a deuce injector pump

vlmuke

I am getting fuel into the oil I put apost on here a couple of months ago an several helpful people detemined my FDC was bypassed and it was probably my injector pump
I am sure there has been others outhere that have repaired or replaced it
is it a matter of just rep-lacing a couple of seals or do I hafta rebuild the whole thing is there a good place to buy a rebuild kit I tried Saturn and they are out or someplace who does it resonably priced? any thoughts or help would be appreciated
Rich

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Question about rebuilding or repairing a deuce injector

I asked the ADS shop that we take Bosch type pumps to at work. I know the owner pretty well and he himmed and hwaed but eventually said he can do them, but they are kind of expensive to rebuild. The shop has been in business for 35 years, so i'd find an ADS shop that's been around a while and see if they can do it. I remember reading a post about someone in Indiana? that does them.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hydraulic head is installed with two large O-rings, not sure how they would effect the fuel-in-crankcase problem, but replacing them can be done "in the field".
Image from Jason's and my hydraulic head replacement operation at a Flying J T-stop in Joplin, MO last year.

There is an IP gasket kit available from dealers or ebay.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the hook-up with the fuel density compensator bypassed.
Note that plugs may be used instead of loops of fuel line. The loops are used so that existing fittings can be reused.
Just don't let any fuel enter the FDC.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
vlmuke, not trying to jack your thread, but, is the overflow valve on these pumps just a 30 PSI or so check valve? If anyone knows what the pop off is, i'd be curious. If it's low, and if it's like a Robert Bosch system, It can cause low power and slow acceleration. I'm just wondering if the pop off was increased, would it affect the performance in a good way?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
will, on trucks that have a sluggish low end and stumble, i have found that backing out the droop screw makes a huge improvement.